Buy MALTESE ID CARD
You can obtain a Maltese ID card if you are a Maltese national, an EU citizen, or a non-EU citizen holding a Maltese residence permit, working permit, or freedom of movement permit. BUY Maltes
The Complete Guide to Obtaining and Renewing Your Maltese ID Card
If you’re a Maltese national, an EU citizen, or a non-EU citizen with a Maltese residence permit, working permit, or freedom of movement permit, you’re eligible to obtain a Maltese ID card. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the application process, including renewal procedures, so you can enjoy all the benefits of having a Maltese ID card.
Obtaining Your Maltese ID Card
To qualify for a Maltese ID card, you must fall into one of the following categories:
EU citizen residing in Malta.
Non-EU citizen holding a valid Maltese residence permit, working permit, or freedom of movement permit.
Benefits of the Maltese ID Card
The Maltese ID card offers a range of advantages, including:
- Discounted bus fares in Malta and Gozo.
- The ability to open accounts with telecommunications providers.
- Simplified insurance applications.
- Streamlined property lease processes.
To apply for your Maltese ID card, follow these steps:
Visit the Office Location: Head to the Evans Building at St. Elmo Place in Valletta. It’s conveniently located across from Fort St. Elmo, on the perimeter road of the city.
- Monday to Friday: 7:30 am to 2:00 pm.
- Wednesday: 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Saturday: 7:30 am to 10:30 am.
- Required Documents:
- Your valid passport with a residential or working permit sticker that won’t expire for at least three months from the application date.
- Your residence or working permit.
- An application form, which you can download from Malta’s Electoral Commission website.
- A passport-sized photo for your application form.
- If you’re a married female, bring your original marriage certificate or separation/divorce papers.
- Application Review: Upon arrival, an authorized agent will review your application form and documents.
- Photo Session: You’ll have your ID photo taken at no cost. Ensure you’re dressed appropriately, as sleeveless or strapless tops are not allowed in ID photos. You can, however, flash a friendly smile!
- Electronic Signature: Proceed to another room to electronically sign your card.
- Notification: Expect to receive a letter by post within 14 days of submitting your application. This letter will instruct you to collect your ID card from the same ID card Office. Don’t forget to bring this letter and your passport for collection.
- Usage: Please note that ID cards for non-EU citizens are not valid for travel purposes; they are solely for identification within the Maltese Islands.
Renewing Your ID Card
Renewing or updating your address on your Maltese ID card is a hassle-free process. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit the Office: Return to the Evans Building at St. Elmo Place in Valletta, following the same office hours mentioned earlier.
- Required Documents:
- Your old ID card.
- An application form, available for download on Malta’s Electoral Commission website.
- A new passport-sized photo for your application form.
- New ID Photo: Be prepared to take a new ID photo. Dress appropriately, and don’t forget to smile.
- Electronic Signature: Just like during the initial application, you’ll electronically sign your renewed card.
- Same-Day Issuance: You’ll receive your new ID card on the same day.
In conclusion, whether you’re applying for your first Maltese ID card or renewing an existing one, the process is straightforward and free of charge. Enjoy the convenience and benefits that come with holding a Maltese ID card in the beautiful Maltese Islands.